I'm sitting up at the hospital waiting for more tests. I'm sure your asking yourself what I'm talking about son here goes the story. Yesterday we came up for Eastons 21st infusion, but we couldn't get more than 1/2 cc of csf ( cerebral spinal fluid ) as they were trying to get fluid we noticed that fluid was seeping out of his incision site. This is a very big worry because if stuff is leaking out that means bacteria and germs could be getting in, the second worry is that the new port isn't working or broken AGAIN. So here I sit wondering what is going to happen next with everything. The schedule for the day to help us figure out what we going to do is Easton will be sedated and under fluoroscopic light be given a medicine that will kind of glow showing the dr.s exactly if the port is broken and where plus it might show them what is leaking and why. They will also try to draw off more csf to get an accurate white cell count if they can get fluid and it comes back below 10 for the cell count they will go ahead and give him his 21st dose if it's greater than 10 no medicine. If they are unable to withdraw fluid from his device they will preform a spinal tap to get the fluid they need and go through the same process of getting an accurate cell count and depending on it's results either giving medicine or worrying about the rise in white cell count which would probably mean there's an infection starting. Along with all of this the dr.s back east are fairly certain I will be going back to have neuro surgery look at the port and try to figure out what's going on, if the port is broke we'll have our answer we would need to either replace the port or just remove it. When I go back I'm going to talk to them about just removing the device and doing lp's each time, because surgery every other month is getting ridiculous. I guess we will see but as of this moment I'm about to the end of my rope!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment