OUR FAMILY

OUR FAMILY

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

post surgery updates



Easton went into surgery on Tuesday at about 12 pm. This was late, but and hour and half earlier than we were told so it ended up being good. They also told us that the o.r. had been schedule for a 4 1/2 hour procedure. I sat there thinking this is a lot longer than any of the other times and it turned out I was right the time had been lengthened just in case they needed extra. His surgery only lasted 2 hours which is about the same time for the others. Everything went well the new

We did share are short stay room with a couple of winners that kept us up all night till around 2am. they were very loud and not very sympathetic to there son who had also just had surgery who was also obviously special needs he would cry they would yell at him for crying you could hear smacking going on but I was reassured by the nurse that he was hitting himself WHATEVER. Then Easton woke up at about 6 due to a check up from the Dr. he has had a lot more pain this time around and also has needed benadryl because of his horrible itch we can't find anything like a rash or skin irritation from the bandages ( he d
oes have very sensitive skin) so who knows all I know is the benadryl wears off and the intense itching begins. Hopefully by the morning this little side effect has worn off.

I was asked if I was going to the yearly MPS conference this year. I would love to go but I'm not sue well I'm almost certain there's no way I can afford it even with scholarships. I miss all of my MPS buddies and so want to meet new ones Plus I want to show Easton off to let everyone know what science and research have done to help all children. Its indescribable the things that have gone on with his cognitive skills. Especially when I have lived through having an older pass away from this and have seen first hand the effects and problems that are brought about by the cognitive problems these kids endure. I wish Shire would just send me and Easton there so they could meet the people they are helping and also put a face with a name especially since he's been in the trial for so long.
port was placed without any problems.


For the rest of the kids we have been busier than ever with them also Weston just went to a big wrestling tournament and did really well he didn't place but went a lot further than last year. Camille is busy working and doing drill team stuff they went to region competitions while I was back east and payson placed in every dance they were in so Saturday after I get bakc they have their state competition. YEAH!!!! I'm excitedd for them to have made it this far and I know they will do well there. Kaylee is doing really well at school she nearly has straight A's, she is also winning the long hair contest. And with all of our running around with stuff she has taken it upon herself to help with Easton and the house quite the task for a 13 year old that's addicted to pysch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment