OUR FAMILY

OUR FAMILY

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

infusion 15/great heart news

So first things first I can't put pictures of our Easter egg hunt because my lap top is dying so I can't upload any pictures.
Easton was so cute, he had such a good time picking up candy,eggs,and toys. Kaylee and Weston also got loaded up.Easton and kaylee both found prize eggs and won a cool ball game and bouncy ball thing.

just before the easter egg hunt Easton had his 15th infusion. Again all went well no surprises. we tried sedation this time but we didn't use enough medicine next infusion we're going to try a higher dose and hope that it works better .
we still continue to see improvement all areas cognitively, speech,and in general all skills. we just signed him up for tball which he is so excited for he can't wait he wants to practice everyday but here in utah it seems to rain everyday so there has been much practicing going on.

Now on to some exciting news, its news that is almost too good to be true almost unbelievable. When Easton was 8 months old he was diagnosed with hunter syndrome. At this time he received his first echo. It showed that there was some build up on his valves and slight mitral valve regurgitation . The the following year he had a follow up echo which showed that after being on a ERT for 1 year he had no further build up but also no improvement . The next year he had another follow up echo that show the same . Today I took him for another follow up echo. When the doctor came in she asked me what I had been doing different I told her he was involved in a clinical trial that gives him enzyme replacement intracecally. She told me that there was no more build up on his valves there was no more mitral valve regurgitation. I was shocked beyond words.this is more than we ever expected to happen I'm still in shock my sons heart is normal the progression was not only stopped it's getting better today I'm definitely counting my blessings and naming them 1 by 1

No comments:

Post a Comment