James decided that he would take the boys, my brother and his son Jeremy, Grandpa, & Gavin to the cabin up schofield for a boys night out and fishing trip. Easton was so excited to be able to go that before they left he had to go change into his camo!!! boys have to were camo if they are doing anything in the outdoors. When they got home I asked how their trip had gone James told me he didn't sleep all night because Easton kept waking up and looking for his bed so he tried to sleep with all 3 boys on the hide-a-bed but finally ended up on the recliner holding him he said he woke up about an hour later and he had the cabin so hot he was soaked and know one could sleep with blankets on them. (It was snowing outside at the end of May) so he had to keep it warm... just didn't know how warm he was going to make it.
Weston said his favorite part was jumping off the docks that are still on land oddly enough this was the same answer I got from Jeremy I think there must be more to it than just jumping off docks go figure.
Easton has the best story though when I asked him about the fish he said he got a real big one and James told me that he (james) would cast out Eastons pole and a few seconds later Easton would reel it back in welli thought he is 4 that's the funnest part of fishing right. One time when he was reeling it in he hollers over to James dad I got one I got one James looks over and tells him he'll never get one if he doens't leave his pole alone. Well in the meantime James has Westons pole all rigged up and casted out and when he looks over Easton is still hollering that he has a fish hi spole is just a bending and he is giving it his all to reel in this fish. James hurries over to help him and Easton just tells him I do it myself dad and he did he caught and reeled in the biggest fish of the entire trip good job buddy.
One of their other favorite pass times is shooting bows together. We almost gave Eastons bow away but decided to let him try it and low and behold he could do it and loved every minute of so we gave him the bow and bought weston a little bit bigger bow. I also have a bow so everyone can get in on the action and if easton is lucky enough to come close to the target he is thrilled giving thumbs up and high fives.
Just a quick update on Eastons progress on May 17th he had the eartube that fell out replaced and his adenoids trimmed. The surgery went well and he was able to come home later that night after his weekly infusion. He did however the next few nights have a hard time slepping due to the swelling in his nose and being a little uncomfortable but by that friday he was a 100%. The followinf Monday I started to notice that his speech was starting to be a little more clear. And then on Wednesday he totally shocked me by coming into the kitchen and saying pretty clearly mom can I have some candy so of course I had to give him some. Then not even an hour later I'm vacuuming and he comes into where I am and says mom be quiet please I was so excited I couldn't believe it he had just said two pretty complete clear sentences. It ahsn't stopped there either it weems like he is saying something new everyday or a new phrase that someone besides me could understand. His new favorite saying that only a few can understand is OH CRAP!!! if it wasn't so cute I would probablly have to tell him it didn't sound very nice but I say to cute say what ever you wanat to an extent.. So yeah for eartubes and IT infusions I think they are working!!! but I dread every trip I leave Sunday and I tell you what it's about all I can do to bring myself to go again I hate leaving my family it is so hard that if I didn't have proof that this was working I would quit but I keep moving foward for Easton and all the other boys but holy crap I don't know if I can make it ahhhhh.
Not to leave the girls out in anyway we had a girls night the night the boys went to the cabin we ate pizza made cookies and watched movies plus my 2 nieces spent the night. I tried to go for an evening jog after eating cookie dough pizza and not drinking very much water needless to say that wasn't a very good combo I sragged the whole time and even had to walk so my advice toeveryone is drink a lot of water and don't eat before jogging it sucks....
O come on Melissa...pizza-cookie dehydration is the BEST to run on!!!!! Father sons outing looked like fun :)
ReplyDelete