Well just a little update. There is really nothing to say except that Easton is still doing well. He really tolerated being in the hospital well. After the 1st IT infusion the staff needed to draw blood every half hour for about 4 hours then every hour after that until midnight and then a couple of times the next day. They did this to check the enzyme levels if any that were in his blood and how much was there and when it got there. To do this they placed a peripheral I.V. because they couldn't access his port this often. This pretty much kept us up all night but as long as nick j.r. is on we're fine. The following day we just relaxed as wondered the hospital no blood draws or vital signs yeah. On the 3rd day they gave Easton his regular Elaprase infusion. During this infusion they had to restart the blood draws and of course you have the regular vital sign checks. This all went well nothing but smooth sailing this time. And we'll only have to do the blood draws on the first infusion and the 6Th. So next time we come here the stay at the hospital won't be as long. The only hitch we've had is the incision on his side looks a little irritated and has seemed to separate a little so they decided as a precaution they would start him on a round of antibiotics and a cleaning regimen so that we cover any risks of infection. Other than that we are good to go. We will see a doctor on Monday for a routine physical and neuro exam these 2 exams only take about 15 minutes then we're off to the airport and headed for home until the 28Th then we return for infusion #2.
On the home front everyone seems to be doing well Camille has signed up for the miss Genola pageant so that and school has kept her pretty busy, plus she has church b-ball. Her knee swelling has gone down since she had the joint injection so hopefully we're on the up and up with her knee and nothing else decides to flare up.
As for Kaylee she has been busy as well she's done really well at getting her homework done and helping her dad while I've been gone. Plus she has also signed up for the Jr.miss portion of the pageant.
Weston is still recovering from his surgery and as far as I know is doing well and healing nicely so hopefully when I get home everything still looks good. I actually take him back up to the hospital on Tuesday after I get home to have the drain tubes removed and a post op check up.
James has stayed busy being Mr. mom plus I heard he cleaned the garage and put some tile up around the fireplace. I'm sure they are all ready for me to come home so we can back to some kind of a schedule or routine. Besides Thursday is are 16Th wedding anniversary so yeah us...
I'm glad everything went so well, and glad Camille and Weston are doing better. Happy 16th anniversary!
ReplyDelete